The Extended Tag Identification (XTID) is used to extend the tag’s identification capabilities and support advanced functionality. It is comprised of the following:
- XTID Header; identifies the format and version of the XTID, providing a structure for the remaining segments
- Serial Number; contains a unique serial number assigned to the tag, ensuring global uniqueness
- Optional Command Support; optional segment indicates which additional commands the tag supports beyond the baseline capabilities
- BlockWrite and BlockErase; defines areas in the tag’s memory that can be written to or erased in blocks, allowing for efficient data management
- User Memory and BlockPermaLock; used for user data storage and to permanently lock blocks of memory to prevent rewriting or erasing.
Each segment in the XTID memory bank is critical for defining the tag’s capabilities and identity in the UHF RFID system per the GS1 TDS 2.0 standard.